Staff Accountant (remote)
Since 1992 Rise Vision has been obsessed with helping customers have great-looking displays. Today, our primary focus is education. Rise Vision currently serves over 3,000 schools. In these uncertain times, communication and connection are essential. Rise Vision helps schools communicate better by making digital signage easy.
By 2027, Rise Vision’s goal is to improve the experience of students everywhere by serving 1,000,000 school displays. Rise Vision is currently searching for a Staff Accountant who will contribute to turning this vision into reality.
The Staff Accountant is accountable for daily accounting tasks in areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this individual will ensure all customer payments are entered flawlessly into company systems by following accounting processes and principles.
All expenses will be approved and coded to correct general ledger accounts and the correct accounting periods. Balance sheet reconciliations will be completed as per the finance teams published schedule. In a timely manner, the Staff Accountant will support other teams by diligently answering internal and external inquiries received on Slack, through emails or postal mail.
- Work closely with the team to understand and embrace the culture and core values of Rise vision
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily cash monitoring and reconciliations, in a transactional based business
- Responsible for entering and reconciling customer payments and bank deposits on a daily basis
- Maintain accurate record keeping of all human resource functions including benefits, vacation and compensation, is trusted to keep employee information confidential
- To be an internal leader who gains the confidence of the team by meeting deadlines and responding to inquiries from inside and outside of the company
- Reviews and files corporate taxes, proven experience preparing and filing Government reports
- Contributes to maintaining a solid accounting foundation for Rise Vision’s continued success and growth
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience in medium companies with multiple departments, enjoys working internally with team and externally with vendors and customers
- Experience working in SaaS company utilizing a highly transactional, automated subscription business model is an assets
- Strong business acumen with experience with multi-currencies and inter-company transactions, with experience overseeing payroll and benefits
- A proactive and very “hands-on” individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, organized manner, listen and work collaboratively with others to obtain information, strives to find answers
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people, adaptable, works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions
- A quick learner who thrives within a fast paced entrepreneurial culture with the willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and meticulously detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever, coachable
- A continual learner who strives for continuous improvement for self and others
- Proven computer skills such as Excel, Google applications (spreadsheets, words), Slack, Ceridian, etc., previous experience with Xero and Chargebee is an asset
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.