Controller on Vancouver Island
An exciting career opportunity as Controller exists for an experienced CPA at one of Vancouver Island’s most distinguished dealerships. The successful individual will be a proven leader have excellent communication skills with a background in public practice and a passion for business and operations.
Reporting to the VP Finance for the group of companies, the Controller is accountable for the general oversight of full-cycle accounting processes, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and banking. The Controller is also responsible for managing the administrative and IT operations at multiple, geographically dispersed locations. The Controller will be the primary point-person for answering questions, ad-hoc decision making, and general assistance within the organization.
- Oversees facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations, plans, directs, and coordinates all accounting, administration, and IT functions
- Holds people accountable, provides coaching and training to employees when needed, reads people below the surface
- Assesses current accounting operations and internal control systems, offers recommendations for improvement and implements new processes
- Assists in compilation of various monthly reports, including budget to actual variances, dashboard data, and sales reports
- Coordinates and prepares timely and accurate financial statements, monthly financial reports, adjusts journal entries, and accruals
- Reconciles daily cash and endures all bank deposits are accurate, and all employee payroll activities are accurate and completed on time
- Bachelor’s degree, completion of a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA), 3+ years of public and 5+ years proven industry experience
- Full cycle accounting experience
- A dedicated professional with a demonstrated high level of integrity, confidentiality and ethics, hands-on and leads by example
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to listen, communicate, and make confident, informed decisions in all aspects of the organization, strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever who thrives in a fast paced environment and delivers measurable results
- A continual learner who strives for continuous improvement, strives to increase efficiency, has strong IT skills
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people, adaptable, works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions, asks curious questions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including the use of formulas, linking, and integrating spreadsheets, familiarity with Smart Sheets is an asset
- Able to organize and summarize data with proven ability to identify pertinent information, track record working with ERP systems, SAP experience is an asset
- Must have ability to travel through out British Columbia
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.